Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Day 10

I'm thankful for someone who understands.

A dear, sweet lady who has been a friend to my grandparents for as long as I can remember has been in contact with me quite a bit lately to check on my grandpa and on our family. I have always deeply admired her. She's been through so many tragedies and difficulties, but she always has a smile and a kind word for others.

Yesterday, she called to check up on us again and expressed such concern for me. I was touched. We talked a little, like we have before, about a problem that we both have in common; a problem not many seem to understand. She couldn't do anything to help, but that was okay. It was enough that she understood!

Understanding and sympathy can go a long way toward helping someone make it through a dark time. I hope and pray that God will always keep that in my mind so that I can understand and sympathize with another, even if that's all I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!