Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Month of Thanks, Day 5, and Thanksgiving Day Decor Ideas

Day 5: 
I'm thankful for my friends. I've discovered that it's really hard to find a true friend, but I'm thankful for the ones that I have! They are a blessing. I hope I can be a true friend in return!

Thanksgiving Decor 
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. (I don't think it's just because I love to eat....) I love all the planning, cooking, wonderful smells, time spent with family and/or friends, and the memories made!

Speaking of planning; while you're doing that, you might need some simple, frugal ideas for decorating for that special meal! Here are some that I came across and really, really like. :)



Glass candle holders with a tea light nestled atop some
 acorns or buckeyes give a pretty, simple touch to a Thanksgiving table. 
                                                       

                                         
   Paper leaves on pumpkins. The kids could help with this one!




Repurpose candle holders to display pumpkins and gourds.
(Click here to visit the BH&G site for instructions and more info on the three ideas above.)


love this. Denise in Bloom shares instructions for how to make a thrifty fall topiary! 


I don't have a photo of this to share, but I really like the idea of framing Bible verses about giving thanks, or lists of things to be thankful for. 

Do you have some creative Thanksgiving decor ideas to share? Please leave a link!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and for coming by for a visit. God Bless You!

    (Denise In Bloom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, and thank YOU!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!