Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Thousand Gifts



It's been a little while since I blogged and I'm terribly busy sorting and packing, so I thought I'd just share this with you quickly....


I am currently reading the book "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I know that, without a doubt, God led me to read this book. It's amazing. I haven't had many opportunities to curl up and read since the book came in the mail, but I've grabbed snatches of it when I could concentrate. It's amazing. A totally different perspective on suffering and the "stuff of life" than I've ever read...or maybe it's just written in a way that finally gets through to me; I don't know. But it's excellently written.

I have a lot of questions and I don't know if I've ever been more tempted to doubt God's goodness than I have of late. I'm just being honest. But even though my heart is crushed and confused, deep down I believe that He does care for me and for my loved ones who are suffering. I'm thankful to Mrs. Voskamp for giving me a fresh perspective on this.

Event though I'm not even halfway through the book I think I could recommend it to anyone; but especially to those who are going through trying, confusing times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!