Saturday, March 26, 2011

Welcome to my world!

It's a beautiful, rainy Saturday! (Yes, I LOVE rainy days--unless I have to get out in them.) The lemon candle is burning (it was supposed to make it smell like I'd just scrubbed the floors...even though I haven't...yet. Instead, it smells like something plastic melted in the dishwasher. Oh, well! ;), the children are quietly occupied for a change, and I'm getting ready to snuggle in my chair with my Bible and a cup of coffee. I can pretend it's not already afternoon.

I felt like a truly blessed woman this morning as I enjoyed the coziness of our family around the table, laughing together as we ate breakfast. Laughter is such a gift! No wonder the Bible says it's the best medicine. And what a joy it is to be able to spend those moments together. This is what I dreamed of; my own little family to cherish. How I love them all! I'm trying to hold onto these precious, fleeting moments.

It really is the little things that make up life. I'm afraid that too often I'm guilty of focusing on the "big" things, and I miss too much of what life is all about.

Speaking of little things...I want God to help me to be more thankful for the things I take for granted. I may not have much in the eyes of the world, but I have everything I need and more. And, most of all, I have a Heavenly Father who cares for me. He holds me in His hand and He knows what is best for me; and that's not "little". That's huge. :)


Treasures Unseen
(Ann Ballard, Canaanland Music 1978)
My home may not look like a castle
My clothes may be lacking in style
And if you come sit at my table, a meager supply you might find.

But Oh, It’s not what you see that makes me a king, makes me a king
To me, I’ve everything, All that I need, all that I need
Treasures unseen.
God made a world filled with beauty
With things we enjoy everyday
My secret to hidden possessions
Is love Him and serve Him this way.
But Oh, It’s not what you see that makes me a king, makes me a king
To me, I’ve everything, All that I need, all that I need
Treasures unseen.
To me, I’ve everything, All that I need, all that I need,
Treasures Unseen.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!