"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11
|Yes, it's raining. No, we did not use an umbrella. Dad had his mortarboard, the boy had his skinny arm, and we gals just toughed it. Because that's how we roll. Also, because we never remember the umbrella.|
It's one of those Mondays when I feel the pain of Monday-haters. There've been quite a few of those Mondays lately. Like, whole weeks of them. And I know I'm not the only one because, you know, I have Facebook.
My children are acting like someone else's children, not MY angels. Someone has obviously injected my son with Red Bull (Whoever you are, wherever you are, I will find you. And I will
kill hurt you.) and I'm quivering in a corner wishing for a sound proof room. My house has become a health hazard, what with all the boxes and stuff, and we haven't even had our first official day of the school year because, well, because we're making up some missed days from last year. (Please tell me I'm not the only one. Please!) My poor husband is filling out applications, stressing over the RN program, and dealing with me. Poor guy.
And (Mr. Weather Man, do you hear me!?) there have not been enough rainy days lately. There are never enough! *Hmph*
But it's all good, and we'll be fine. Eventually.
In the meantime, it's time for me to cheer up my Monday.
Today, I'm thankful for:
1. Boxes and Box Bringers
2. Long talks with my best friend, a.k.a. my husband.
3. Sweet people who realize that a message or some donuts can make a day a bit better.
4. A funny movie and good food with "the girls". (Because YES I still am one.)
5. MY HUSBAND PASSED THE STATE BOARDS!!!
6. My little boy replying "I love you more" to my "I love yous".
7. Another dandelion from my child. Never gets old.
8. The ability to make my daughter laugh like a barking seal. (It doesn't take much, but hey.)
9. The happiness I get from seeing my middle child get so ecstatically excited over little things.
10. The ability to still rock two of my kids to sleep.
What are you thankful for on this Monday?