Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Blessings


It's that dreaded day again. I'm ready to see all sorts of "Monday" posts on Facebook. Things look a little bleak at our little house today, too, but I remembered my commitment to do these Monday Blessings posts and, honestly, as I started to think of what I would add to the list, everything instantly seemed a little better. (That was also about the time I was making my coffee, but we'll say it was the idea of counting my blessings, mmkay?)




So here goes. On this Monday I'm thankful for:
  1. Rain + Monday = perfection.  (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)
  2. The boatload of blessing and encouragement my husband and I received at a homeschool conference this weekend. I think I can do this for a little while longer. (Live, I mean. Not just homeschool.)
  3. Four kids and a dog who were very happy to be home, and that makes me happy. (No matter how humble...there's no place like home.)
  4. Friends who were gracious and allowed us to use their home as a motel for us and a boarding house for our kiddos while we attended said convention. 
  5. The same friends, who share our goals and dreams...and our nutty sense of humor. It was great to share laughs together.
  6. A renewed sense of purpose as we face the difficulties ahead.
  7. Coffee.
  8. Coffee.
  9. Coffee, coffee, coffee.
  10. Being together, all of us, our little family...loving each other, fighting with each other, laughing together, enjoying every day together, learning about God together, keeping it real...together. There is no greater blessing than that.
  11. Except maybe coffee.

6 comments:

  1. Well, the friends are feeling a bit lonely while vigorously cleaning the hotel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, did we leave the hotel in that much disarray!? ;)

      Delete
  2. Amen to the coffee, sister :) But seriously, YOU are one of my blessings! Would love to see you guys again....maybe that can happen someday soon....who knows?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Monday blessings, and your sense of humor, which helps to keep you sane (well, partially, anyway!). Your family is precious, although I've never met any of you in person, and that little ball of fluff reminds me of that candy bar every time I see his picture! Love you and pray that you'll continue to see the blessings of every day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Glenda. I'll remember to hide Snickers if you're around! Haha!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!